People living with HIV may wish to see a dietitian to assess their diet and to help maximise their health.
A healthy diet is important to people living with HIV, as having HIV can increase the risk of diseases such as heart disease and diabetes.
People with HIV can also experience weight loss or weight gain related to taking HIV medications, or experience side effects of treatment such as loss of appetite.
Albion dietitians can help with:
- nutrition assessment and counselling
- body composition assessment
- weight management advice
- chronic disease prevention and management
- symptom management advice
- individualised meal and menu planning
- nutritional supplement service
- recipe suggestions and modifications
- practical cooking sessions
- supermarket tours