GP Co-Management – Shared Care Model
Information for General Practitioners
At the Albion Centre, we encourage and support our clients to maintain their relationship with their GP for other (non-HIV related) health issues.
To support GP’s in providing appropriate care and support to HIV positive clients we encourage you to watch this video which includes key information on shared care to assist you.
Video: Professor Don Smith, Albion Medical Director, talks about co-management of HIV positive patients with General Practitioners.
Some links for GP’s interested in HIV
- Site provides Australian prescribing guidelines, National PEP Guidelines, and other resources.
- NSW Testing guidelines, contact tracing information and other tools.
- NSW resources for STIs.
- Medical Community site with lots of information and resources from the US/
- UK’s preeminent side for HIV information and resources.
- Information on travel restrictions for people living with HIV.